Today marks the second day of hurricane season, and although Florida has only had two hurricanes make landfall in the last eleven years, it’s always best to be prepared. Now is the time to protect your family, as the 2017 Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday begins today and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, June 4th.
Supplies that are eligible for the Tax Holiday include:
- Reusable ice packs
- Self-powered light sources (such as flashlights, lanterns and candles)
- Fuel containers
- Batteries (certain sizes only)
- Tarps, plastic sheeting, tie-downs, and bungee cords
- Portable generators (selling for less than $750)
- Radios (powered by battery, solar or hand-crank)
For more details regarding tax-exempt items, click here.
You can find an extremely helpful Hurricane Preparedness Checklist from the United States Coast Guard here.
As always, if you have any questions regarding real estate services, call us, or send an email!